Cyprus is a modern, cosmopolitan commercial centre offering investment opportunities across a wide range of sectors.
A member of the European Union since 2004 (and the European Monetary Union since 2008), Cyprus offers quality, efficiency and transparency when conducting business transactions.
Its EU membership ensures peace of mind and stability for the investor, as well as access to a market of more than 500 million EU citizens.
Grounded in English Common Law, Cyprus’ robust legal and regulatory framework is widely recognised as exceptionally business-friendly with a high degree of transparency.
Offering foreign companies a familiar and reliable framework in which to conduct transactions, Cyprus is fully compliant with EU directives, the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), OECD, FATCA, Financial Stability Forum regulations and EU AML directives.
Cyprus ensures that its laws, regulations and infrastructure remain conducive to doing business. It is committed to providing a high-quality, duly regulated commercial environment to create the best possible experience for global investors and business people.
Cyprus’ beneficial holding company rules have persuaded hundreds of thousands of companies to incorporate their businesses and control their investments on the island.
The tourism and business services sectors have fared particularly well despite the economic crisis with the country continuing to attract and retain custom.
Cyprus offers numerous tax advantages:
- One of the lowest corporate tax rates in European Union
- A sophisticated network of double taxation treaties
- Zero withholding of tax on payments to non-Cypriot tax residents
- Avoidance of tax liabilities for properly structured holding companies
- Taxation of income generated in Cyprus only for non-resident companies
- Tax incentives for new capital injection via cash or benefit in kind
- Tax incentives for IP companies (provided that R&D takes place in Cyprus)
- Tax incentives for expatriates, high-salaried executives and first-time Cyprus tax residents
- Tax incentives for film industry companies
Cyprus offers many other benefits for the establishment of an international company:
- Anonymity of the beneficial owners
- Tax incentives
- Internationally renowned expertise servicing international companies
- Superb infrastructure
- A skilled professional workforce
- Low operating costs in comparison to other European countries
- No exchange control restrictions or exit barriers
- Flexible, tailor-made company incorporation
Our unique network offers our clients a valuable competitive advantage, granting them access to a broad swathe of local and international financial services.
Our knowledge and experience will ensure the creation of a business structure designed to enhance the profitability of your company and ensure compliance with local and international regulations.